 |
| ahhhh cake, how I love thee. . . |
Hard to believe that it was two years ago today - at 12:36 am to be exact - that we met our awesome kiddo, Isla Mae (
here she is when you saw her first, how things change!). I know it's clic
hé to say, but she really is growing up so fast! She's an affectionate chatterbox with a love of the simple things in life like. . . "milky", cookies, circle-cheese (aka babybel), kiddos, wiggling, Jonesie, babbuuuunes (balloons), bubbles, yogurt, jumping, Mickey Mouse, books, laughing, wunning shoes, tub-time, swings, slides, her kitty boots and going to the park. We had such a great time celebrating her birthday on Sunday with all of her favorite family members (minus an uncle and a handful of doggy cousins) who came from Arizona, Massachusetts, North Carolina and Virginia just for her! Here are some highlights:
 |
| preparations began the night before |
 |
| teamwork! |
 |
| birthday cookie traditions |
 |
| babbuuuuunes! |
 |
| more babbuuuuuunes! |
 |
| cookies! |
 |
| Uncle Gavin and Grandma cookin' |
 |
| tea party with Gigi and Cavanna |
 |
| constant cousin cuddles |
 |
| aerial shot! |
 |
| amidst the chaos, a cookie break |
 |
| silly Vero and Uncle G |
 |
| gimme that cake! |
 |
haaapppyyy biiirthdayy tooo youuu
(Poppy played along on her piano, no pics unfortunately) |
 |
| finally! |
 |
| sharing (cake even!) with Madonna |
 |
| cheese! |
 |
Jonas sort of looks like
he's channeling Eeyore |
 |
| goody bags |
 |
after a long day of partying, it's nice to kick off your
shoes, plop on the ottoman and watch a little Lion King |
omigod, did you make that cake? and those rainbow cookies?? i NEEEEED them! happy birthday, lil isla!
ReplyDeleteI made the cookies and cake :) Come to think of it, I have yet to have a slice of cake. . . perhaps for lunch? :)
ReplyDeleteLooooove the pics! So cute! I miss your cake and cookies! Happy Birthday Isla!
ReplyDeleteBrooke, Alec, and Evan
Thank you, Brooke! If I'm organized (doubtful) I'll make something for Friday! :)
ReplyDelete