For once in my life my hoarding tendencies have resulted in something positive! I have been playing around a fun film camera and was about to drop off a test roll to be developed when I remembered that I had two other rolls of film sitting on a shelf in our cloffice* that have been with, oh probably since we lived in Virginia! Anyway, they were waiting very patiently to make their debut, so I had them developed as well without any expectations. For the most part, they of course were junk! One roll contained random test shots of the Lorton prison which I photographed wayyyy back when for my large format photo class at Mason (eh, kinda cool) and the other roll, from my wannabe fish-eye camera, was for the most part full of shots of silly daisies. But as I sifted through the daisy shots, I was very pleasantly surprised to see these gems appear! It totally made my day seeing pics of the Tyson that I have never seen before. They are from a fun weekend that the three of us spent beach camping in Assateague back in 2006. As I recall, it was our last visit there and we were enjoying the sunset with some wine and snacks. Tyson was a sucker for some good rosé.
While it made Michael sad seeing these, I like to think of it as Monster just sayin' hi so I had to smile. But, yes I do still miss him terribly! And I know a lot of you do as well so I thought I'd share.
*clof·fice (klô'fis)
n.
1. A very, very, very, very small place in which business, clerical, or professional activities are conducted.
2. A cabinet or enclosed recess for linens, household supplies, coats, doggie poop bags, cards, shredder, cookbooks, cake stands, college diplomas, DVDs, pens, candles, Kitchen Aide mixer, batteries, recycling. . . need I go on?
3. A small private chamber, as for study, prayer, or hoarding.
Special shout-out to Cassie for coining the term and letting us borrow it! If we ever sell this place, it will be included in the description of our place!! :)






Oh that made me tear up! I miss Tyson!
ReplyDeleteYeah, me too.
ReplyDeleteOh Tyson-monster!!! Such a sweet guy!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics. Like the last one the best. Miss him.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful surprise...bitter but sooo sweet.
ReplyDelete