Thursday, February 2, 2012

New View (and blog title, too!)


With a new city comes a new view. . . blog title and overall look! Took some time to come up with something, wasn't sure if we should keep it simple or try to be clever (but not too cheesy like we can sometimes be. . . yes, we're aware). I figured it would just come to me at some point and suddenly it did! If you don't get it (which I can understand) I shall explain:

You’ve heard of Attila the Hun, right? Ruler of the Huns, one of the most feared enemies of the Western and Eastern Roman Empires from way back when, right? And if you’ve ever been to Baltimore, even if it was just to fill your gas tank, you have at one point been addressed as "Hon" (slang abbreviation of “Honey”) by a lady with an endearing, Baltimorean accent at the checkout counter, right?

Well if none of the above, I can’t help you! Just kidding. . . Anyway, Isla is, in a sense, a little ruler in her own right. But she’s not scary or anything like that Attila guy (unless she skips a nap, if that happens she.is.the.devil). . . that aside, nap or no nap, she is our little honey. . . so we’d like to think she’s like a ruler of all the honeys. Therefore we have dubbed her “Isla the Hon!” 

Get it??? Attila the Hun. . . Isla the HON? 

Yes? Hope so, because I can’t think of anything better at the moment. It can be a work in progress!

So there you have it. Same us, same Isla, new city to conquer. . . her Charm City adventures can be found here!

I should note, the one thing Attila and Isla do have in common is that they have both at one point invaded Italy (please see this, this, this and this post).

Oh and the new view is from our roof deck, dare I say facing east? The little man is the City's beloved local beer mascot, Mr. Boh (beer = National Bohemian or as most locals refer to it, Natty Boh). It's not that bad, actually!

Anyway, you're probably here for pics of Isla, not for some silly explanation. . . Here ya go!

enjoying some ice cream aka frozen yogurt. . . strategically
served to keep her occupied for a mo' during our closing :)
I should credit Wikipedia for all of the info I gathered for this post as it is a most reliable source ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great title. I like it! Isla is a HON! ..Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. natty boh was what first got me into drinking in my late 20s! somebody brought it to a party we had and left it in the fridge, and you know me and waste. i had to drink it. anyway, in retrospect, it is that bad!

    ReplyDelete